Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) was introduced by the West Bengal government to combine several kinds of programmes for the informal economy to maintain uniformity in the benefits provided. This plan applies to unorganised industries and self-employed vocations authorised by the West Bengal government’s Labour Department, as well as transportation and construction employees.
Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY): What is it for?
The primary purpose of the BMSSY scheme is to offer benefits from government’s decisions to the informal economy in a consistent manner. Also each participant will be able to benefit from the government programme designed to decrease vocational inequalities among employees. Moreover this effort will increase beneficiaries’ living conditions and make workers self-sufficient.
BMSSY Bengal: Scheme Advantages
- Every qualified employee must contribute Rs 25 per month to the provident fund.
- The state government will provide Rs 30 to equal the worker’s commitment.
- The state government will pay the yearly interest rate that the government authorises on deposits in the general provident fund from time – to – time.
- Also if the beneficiary attains the age of 60, stops to be a scheme subscriber, or the account falls inactive event of death, the overall average amount plus interest will be repaid to the worker or their nominees.
- Their account will be closed if a member does not submit any donations for three fiscal years in a row. If the subscribers file a petition stating the cause for the non-payment, the Assistant Labour Commissioner can reopen such an account.
- Contributions that are past due will not be acknowledged.
Health and family well-being
Beneficiaries or family members who require medical attention or care under the West Bengal Health Scheme will earn Rs 20,000 per year.
The following advantages will be offered:
- Clinical testing costs money.
- The entire expense of medication.
- The entire hospitalisation expense.
- Claims from beneficiaries and family members will be accepted more than once a year. The overall amount of help, though, is restricted to Rs 20,000 each year.
- Moreover the beneficiary or a family member is eligible for up to Rs 60,000 in financial assistance per year for any sort of procedure. The relevant expenditures will be covered by this aid
- For the first five days, you will get complete remuneration for loss of employment in the amount of Rs 1,000.
- Also an extra Rs 100 per day will be charged for the rest of the days.
- The maximum amount is Rs 10,000.
Disability and death
The nominee will earn Rs 200,000 if the recipient dies in an event.
The nominee will get Rs 50,000 if the recipient dies from natural circumstances.
Moreover if the recipient has a 40% or more handicap, he or she would receive Rs 50,000.
Rs 2,000,000 shall be paid in the case of complete and irreparable loss of both eyes, hands, or feet, loss of vision in one eye or impairment of use of a hand or foot.
Also Rs 1,000,000 shall be paid in the case of complete and irreparable loss of sight in one eye or loss of use of one hand or foot.
Safety education and skills training
- Workers will get safety and skills training education from the Paschim Banga society for developing skills.
- The program will be provided by the state’s approved cost and other standard requirements for skill development initiatives.
- The funds for this training will originate from the workers in construction surcharge. The transportation cess, and the Labour Department’s state budget for skill development of workers.
- The Labour Department’s authorised authorities will additionally make a relevant grant-in-aid/fund accessible.
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are for informational purposes only based on industry reports and related news stories. PropertyNonstop does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the information . Also we shall not be held responsible for any action taken based on the published information.